How excting! My first blog post! What do I write about?
I have so many thoughts running through my brain. I want to write about them all.
Tonight I'll start with what's top of mind - the tragedy in Connecticut. My heart goes out to everyone affected by the mass murder of children. I had to change the channel from CNN. I'm torn between wanting to know every detail (because I'm an info junkie) and not wanting to hear anymore because it's upsetting and we'll never truly understand why the shooter did what he did.
I told my son today that I hope this doesn't cause anyone to lose their faith in God during this time. My hope is that this either strengthens their faith or for anyone who hasn't accepted Jesus as their saviour, that they will turn to him. I recently read The Shack and I wish I could send a copy of that book to everyone affected by this tragedy (http://www.theshackbook.com). I believe the devil had his hand in this.
I see a lot of debate about gun control and I don't believe that is the answer to preventing these types of tragedies (although I do believe tighter gun control may reduce some gun violence).
Well, enough sad stuff. Have a great night and I'll blog again soon (I hope).
No comments:
Post a Comment